Telescope Assembly and Infrastructure F2F Meeting II
October 2-4, 2018; NASA Langley Research Center
Logistics Guide- including objectives, directions, visitor badges, lodging, maps etc
Telescope Design and Architecture F2F Meeting I
June 5-7, 2018; Caltech Institute of Technology
Location: California Institute of Technology 447 S. Wilson Ave. Pasadena, CA 91106 Keck Science Center Rm. 151 (use this address to park closest to the meeting room)
Meeting goals: First face-to-face meeting with SMEs specialized in telescope building that will generate preliminary telescope design and architecture options to be assessed.
Time: Approx. 8:30am-600pm, June 7 ending mid-day (please arrive by 8am to park , pick up your name badge and sign in at the conference room)
Parking: Campus parking is $6/day. Permits can be purchased at machines on 2nd level of parking structure off of Wilson Ave. (permit is NOT required for those with a JPL hang tag)
- Webex will be available for remote participation in the morning on day 1 (passcode 903849332) and day 3,(passcode 900103592) but not on day 2 or during breakout sessions (see agenda). Audio dial in: 844-575-9329 (toll free)
- Conference wifi will be available in the room. Username: isat Password: robotics
- Continental breakfast, snacks and coffee will be provided in the morning and afternoon for the duration of the meeting. Catered lunch will be purchased individually for $13/day and served on site.
- An optional no-host dinner will take place at the Caltech Athenaeum "Al Fresco" on June 5th at 6:15pm. This will be a social outdoor setting with a casual menu. Cost is TBC (~$20/person)
- A block of rooms is availble at the Marriott Residence Inn Old Town Pasadena- 21 West Walnut Street Pasadena,CA 91103. Call 1-844-617-0544, and reference the JPL in-space assembled telescope meeting to confirm the government rate of $173. Free breakfast is included, parking is $19/day.
- The closest airports are Burbank(16mi) followed by LAX (28mi). The drive is approximately 45min-1.5 hours depending which airport you use
- Rental car or taxi is the most efficient way from the airport to Pasadena. A taxi or Uber/Lyft is the most efficient way from the hotel to Caltech