Telescope Design and Architecture Workshop (June 5-7, 2018)
- Location: California Institute of Technology 345 S. Michigan Ave. Pasadena CA 91106 Keck Science Center Rm. 151 (use this address to park closest to the meeting room)
- Workshop goals: First face-to-face meeting with SMEs specialized in telescope building that will generate preliminary telescope design and architecture options to be assessed.
Approx. 8:30am-5:30pm, June 7 ending mid-day
Campus parking is $6/day (permit is NOT required for those with a JPL hang tag)
- A block of rooms is availble at the Marriott Residence Inn Old Town Pasadena- 21 West Walnut Street Pasadena,CA 91103. Click here to make your reservation at the goverment rate of $173/night. Deadline to book is May 18th. Free breakfast is included, parking is $19/day.
- The closest airports are Burbank(16mi) followed by LAX (28mi). The drive is approximately 45min-1.5 hours depending which airport you use
- Rental car or taxi is the most efficient way from the airport to Pasadena. A taxi or Uber/Lyft is the most efficient way from the hotel to Caltech
- Webex will be available for remote participation in the morning on days 1 and 3, but not on day 2 or during breakout sessions (see agenda)
- Light refreshments will be provided in the morning and afternoon for the duration of the meeting. Catered lunch will be purchased individually and served on site.